1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need your guidance on something!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Craftybigdog, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys a lady contacted me and she wants me to level out her back yard. Its 33000 sq. ft. and its real bumpy and just all weeds(not tall). I was gonna use my skid steer with a harley rake what would you price this at. She doesnt want dirt brought in. No drainage issues just real bumpy. Thanks alot!

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

so theres no lawn then? I would charge at your hourly operating rate. From what i heard, most charge 30-45 an hour labor, and 75-100 an hour operating.
    You could probably use a york rake for this too, rite?

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah if you want to call it that, its just all crabgrass and clover and a bunch of other stuff. She just wants to be able to ride her mower across it and not get bounced to death.

4. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Are you going to be seeding after the grading, or is she going to be doing this. I think that it would almost be better to use a box rake. I mean, if she wants that perfect seed bed, by all means I would use the harley. I have to only two of this type of job, but I found that the box rake on the back of a tractor to be the best for what I needed.