Needing a stand on this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by cclllc, Jan 5, 2019.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have advice on which stand on and why? Please include the new Kubota as well.

2. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

While I don't have experience with kubita standers, we run both Scag and wright. The wright zk is the best mower we have. I prefer it over the Scag v2.

3. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I used scag vride 2
    Very good machine but I haven't used anything else so have nothing to compare to

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Demoed many standers this year

Do NOT bother with a husky
    Yuck

The toro grandstand was by far the most favored by my employees and I
    JD with mod deck is #2

Something about the scag doesn’t make it as comfortable although it’s not a bad machine just liked the other two better.

If I was doing big areas but still wanted a stander is Buy a Wright ZK

5. mattymax

mattymax LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have been using the WRIGHT 52" STANDER X for a few seasons. Love it. Very comfortable and puts you in a very comfortable position. Can you use is all day.

I used a SCAG a few times early on when I started out and it seems awkward. I love SCAGS in general and I wish they felt better to me.

6. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

The Kubota is nothing but a Orange Bob-Cat Quickcat with different engine options..... The Bob-Cat is very good for us. We sell the VR2, Ferris Z1-Z2 and Quickcats. Really just depends on the features and engine options you want. Ferris has the 37hp Vanguard EFI / 52'' this year. I was impressed with the Z3 37hp EFI / 61'' so the 52'' has to be a MONSTER!

7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I have looked at the ferris z2 and liked it. The flip up plate on the bobcat is nice. What is the cost difference on the ferris and bobcat? I am in the market for a 48inch and bobcat/kubota seems to be the better option instead of the z1. I am also looking at bradley. They have a sale going on for $3800 for the 48inch.

8. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

cost depends on dealer really. The Ferris Z2 52'' is a smooth $1000 higher than the Bob-Cat at our place(Bob-Cat w/ FX691V vs Ferris w/FX801V). You cant beat the 6 year / 2000hr warranty of the Bobcat tho. The bradley will have no dealer support. Some people don't mind that but if your making money with it....dealer support is big.

9. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a Deere Quik trak the other day. It seemed pretty smooth but I was only in the parking lot

10. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Love my gravely prostance mowers. We used toro grandstands before that and switched over due to dealer support. Best choice is which dealer in your area has your support and ease of parts and service.

aroddy likes this.