1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Needing advice, and giving advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Jun 19, 2001.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, here we go: 1st, I am just starting out, have a couple of 21"s, a 42" rider, and other random stuff (leaf blowers, etc..). A local guy has a used 16' trailer for sale for 1300, i bet i can get it cheaper. Is it WAY to big for me? I know it is too big, but will i have difficulties using it, or will i just be wasting space?
    2nd: A local tractor store has a used lesco 48" wb, 15hp Kawi, belt, for $1900. He says it has 2 months of use, and it still looks to be in great shape (havent heard it run yet though). Is that a good price?
    3rd: BE CAREFUL! The $#!*hole gas can i use has no vent, and its plastic, so it expands like crazy in heat, and today, when i lifted it into the back of the truck, it sprayed in my face. (luckily i seem to have some magic ability to close my eyes before getting hit with anythign ever, even rocks from my trimmer), THANK GOD. SO, just a reminder to be careful to everyone out there.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Get safty glasses, that magic will disapear one day and you will lose an eye!!

The lesco sound good, currently selling for $2700 at HD and $2600 at Lesco.

The trailer sounds big now, give it a year if you do things right, you will be begging for it and more.

Ray

3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks ray,, the other thing about the trailer is that i sell christmas trees in the winter.. It would be good for going to get loads of trees, but the storage would be an issue. BTW, i do have safety glasses, i just forget them on a regular basis (i was borrowing a truck today, not using my own). Thanks again, mike