1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Neem Oil

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I found a "study" of the use of a neem oil product to help control japanese beetles. Has anyone else heard of this being used as a deterent?

The "study" was just some person who had heard that this product would work and took notes on her findings. She said there was a noticable difference.

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

it is 7% effective at the 4 year mark, not the best. its a IGR not a repellent. we have just done a real research on several different control methods. the findings will be published in the fall

3. DeepGreenLawn

but the beetles are here now... I don't guess you could point us in the right direction? What is an IGR? This person said she applied it and noticed a considerable difference the same year, I don't know what all the factors were though, but she said that she had a a control that had A LOT more beetles on it than the ones she sprayed. I went ahead and ordered it just to see if it would work. I figured it was just a few dollars and if it did work I WOULD BE RICH! $$$$$

If you did find a product I am sure people will pay big bucks to have their roses saved.

4. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Insect growth regulator

5. DeepGreenLawn

I am looking for something that I can use on adult beetles. Milkyspore, what I believe you are referring to, is only good on the grubs. And then, if your neighbors don't put it down, your still fighting a loosing battle as of right now.