Neighbor complains about blower noise to the wrong guys.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
The most powerful battery powered blower tops out af 21 Newtons of force I believe. My BR800 is rated at 41 Newtons and the Echo 9010 is 48 Newtons. If I'm doing a leaf cleanup I'm going to use a gas blower. Or two. And maybe a walk behind blower as well. And then I'll fire up the 37 hp leaf loader which is crazy loud, and maybe leave some fine leaf dust all around if things are dry as it vents out of the dump trailer.
Obviously an 80cc blower is wiping the pavement with an electric blower but I haven’t been able to figure out what to convert NM to. The gas handhelds that list specs in mph/cfm aren’t beating my battery 730cfm 160mph blowers at all, or by all that much.
Everything is quiet now. Dishwasher, washing machine, hybrid cars, people might just see a “br800” as excessive on their neighbors 1/4 acre plot. I would be interested to see how much faster a backpack blower is compared to a 730cfm blower in each of my hands, on a subdivision lot.
The blower performance thing reminds me of when I drove a Nissan Leaf (730cfm electric blower) for two years. No, it wasn’t faster than a 4.6l mustang (BR80) but it was faster than dam near anything else (most mid tier blowers).

Last edited:

Brucey

LawnSite Silver Member
In your case a battery handheld is probably fine. Just blowing off clippings and decks/patios etc. Though I do like all the power I can get if faced with clippings when wet/just rained etc. Also the 636m is so loud anyway compared to a blower it's not like they are getting a total battery powered stealth service, and more runtime on the mower versus blower for a standard mow trim blow visit.

Edit: the instant torque of a battery powered car from 0 rpm is hard to compare to a gas engine. The acceleration from a stop is great.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
Thinking about it, people sending crews out with electric blowers might not work all that great, unless they have a thousand dollars worth of batteries on each truck. I don’t know if a truck full of knuckleheads can reliably handle keeping batteries charged or not completely drain them every time, throwing batteries around ect. The batteries obviously are expensive and I could see crews killing them every year.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
In your case a battery handheld is probably fine. Just blowing off clippings and decks/patios etc. Though I do like all the power I can get if faced with clippings when wet/just rained etc. Also the 636m is so loud anyway compared to a blower it's not like they are getting a total battery powered stealth service, and more runtime on the mower versus blower for a standard mow trim blow visit.

Edit: the instant torque of a battery powered car from 0 rpm is hard to compare to a gas engine. The acceleration from a stop is great.
Absolutely, I’m just mentioning this because it’s blowers that I constantly see being talked about banning. I always try to be sure to mention that electric tools are generally only for small operations like mine. Keep in mind also that I have serious charging capacity in my truck and not everyone is willing/interested in the effort I’ve taken to be able to run my electrics almost nonstop.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
Though I do like all the power I can get if faced with clippings when wet/just rained etc.
Again, not nearly the gust of a backpack unit but my current blowers with the 190mph tip will easily get wet grass off any surface, like nothing left. Just this Monday I misjudged the grass length of a new clients backyard and mowed at 2.5” when it should have been 3”. First job of the morning and very dewy/weedy and now piles of grass everywhere. Didn’t take long to make a few passes with the blowers and everything was dispersed nicely. Easy peasy.

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thinking about it, people sending crews out with electric blowers might not work all that great, unless they have a thousand dollars worth of batteries on each truck. I don’t know if a truck full of knuckleheads can reliably handle keeping batteries charged or not completely drain them every time, throwing batteries around ect. The batteries obviously are expensive and I could see crews killing them every year.
I'd be worried about them going missing. Uh, musta bounced out of the truck.

Oklawnhoma Lawn Service

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't think the worker was very professional at all, but since (male) Karen kept harassing them while they were working, I can't really blame him...besides, he's got guts to take his shirt off if you ask me...I'm in way better shape than he is and I'm lucky when I feel confident enough to at the beach, or even at home...lol...but if I were worried about the blower noise I'd let them finish because harassing them will only make the job take longer

Top Forums