• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Neighbor mows lawns

gglawns

LawnSite Member
I show up to 3 of my accounts today that are all right in a row. Turns out the neighbor across the street mowed two of them the day before with his homeowner z. He cut them so short that it scalped everywhere there was a bump and he left mud tracks all over the driveway. So when I show up the clients say oh it doesn't need cut this week so and so cut it. What would you do?

newz7151

LawnSite Silver Member
gglawns said:
I show up to 3 of my accounts today that are all right in a row. Turns out the neighbor across the street mowed two of them the day before with his homeowner z. He cut them so short that it scalped everywhere there was a bump and he left mud tracks all over the driveway. So when I show up the clients say oh it doesn't need cut this week so and so cut it. What would you do?
Tell em to enjoy their new lawn service.

Cigarcop

LawnSite Member
I agree that you should bill them because they should have contacted you and advised the lawn had been cut by them or someone else. You drove out there now they MUST pay.

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
Go put a beat-down on the neighbor.

befnme

LawnSite Bronze Member
if it was me i would take them the copy of their contract with me and remind them of number 16.

16.If contractor arrives at customer’s property to service lawn, but work is not needed due to service being performed by party other than contractor, this service agreement will be cancelled. Contractor will then charge customer regular service charge for work contractor arrived to do.