Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm just wondering how much net profit you make a week?

With expenses taken out and misc unknown variables..

I gross about $900+ on my lawn mowing business.

My top soil business makes me about $750+.

·
Registered
35 Posts
but what does it matter, if you are solo or have 10 crews, its apples to oranges. Solo, you have very little expenses, if you have employess or crews, there are a lot more expenses as comm ins, liability ins, etc. You could gross 5 million dollars, and bring home 20% or solo, gross $50,000, and net 50%, just my 2 cents...as long as your happy, thats all that matters...

·
Registered
42 Posts
but what does it matter, if you are solo or have 10 crews, its apples to oranges. Solo, you have very little expenses, if you have employess or crews, there are a lot more expenses as comm ins, liability ins, etc. You could gross 5 million dollars, and bring home 20% or solo, gross $50,000, and net 50%, just my 2 cents...as long as your happy, thats all that matters...
Yeah chill dude, he is just asking how much people net from there business no need to give us a lesson in life.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
3 man crew for a week Gross $2500 good rule of thumb for Mowing 40 hrs each
Actually, I would expect a 3 man crew to pretty much double that in a 40 hour week. A solo operator could make $2500 during the week. I am not counting billing and maintenance and such though - just mowing.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
at $62.50 profit per hour need to move where u live
Maybe you don't have to move. Maybe you just have to restructure things.

I was talking to another LCO the other day and he told me that he charges $20 per man per hour for landscaping work. He figured that if he paid 2 helpers $10 and hour each and if he worked with them, then he would be making $40 per hour.

I charge $60 per man hour for that sort of work.

We are in the same market.

Now, I did learn from that same LCO that my mowing prices are too low - not much but a little bit. I figure that if I am in the same market as he is then I can raise my prices at least as high as he did. I raised a select group of customers by $5 per mow and not one cancellation yet. I may have to do that with the rest of them.

Another LCO can barely clear 60K per year with one mowing crew. Another LCO in the same market is looking to beat 120K with one mowing crew. The market is a factor but it is certainly not the only factor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.