• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Net Profit per day

terracare

LawnSite Senior Member
Hello everyone, I was just wondering what a good net profit per employee per day would be? We are going to be looking to net about 600 per day. How many employees should be out there to reach this?

Todd

OP
T

terracare

LawnSite Senior Member
Our working year will be approximately 168 days (28 weeks x 6 days/week), not including rain-outs. 600 net per day can be achieved with higher productivity (more employees). I would just like to know about how much net (gross - expenses - taxes) profit I should be making per day per employee. 600 is just our goal.

Thanks for the input!

Todd

Flipperneck

LawnSite Member
If you want to make that off one employee per day you better invest in a 50,000 dollar piece of equipment for that employee. Unless you charge 120 an hour for labor out there in the midwest.

OP
T

terracare

LawnSite Senior Member
Oh I got everyone confused... forget the 600 net per day for a minute.. I would just like to know how much net I should be making per day per employee. 600 net per day is not a per employee goal.

Todd

monkey9197

LawnSite Member
i dont get why the number of employees effects that?i would goal to have less employees that are more effiecient. less people u need to pay more goes into your pocket

Meadowbrook

LawnSite Senior Member
Way back when I FIRST started out I charged 8 bucks an hour. I have since added brand new trucks, an arsenal of mowers, and a bunch of landscape equip. I can't give out my exact rates, but I have since increased my rates substancially, and I'm still nailing jobs left and right (knock on wood)

Chris