• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Never sanded before!!!

boba

LawnSite Member
For 25 years I've plowed second home driveways (up to a mile long) and contracted out the occasional sanding. This morning the fellow who did the sanding called me and said he is retiring and moving to florida. Further do I want his two commercial accounts; a regional utility substation and a 3 mile uphill road to a FAA facility requiring 24/7 plowing and sanding. Both accounts pay very well. He has an old, but well maintained gas sander he wants me to buy for $1500. While I've explored a sanding in the past I would rather run an electric sander. If I purchased his sander what could I resell it for? Also any comments on sanding would be appreciated. I have the trucks to carry the sander and ford tractors to load it. Sand would have to be stored outside.

finnegan

LawnSite Member
I would skip buying the sander and retire to florida..but you wouldn't be able play in the snow like the rest of us.......