1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

new 2000 f-250

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Jun 17, 2000.

1. OP
    OP
    Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

well im not getting my truck till tomorrow now because the bedliner didnt come in early enough today! i went at 7 tonight and handed them a big check and signed all the papers! afterwards i just stood next to my new truk in the lot for 10 minutes admiring it! there evne giving me a full tank of gas included! thats a 55 dollar value!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

SKDCO, I bought my truck because I wanted that style truck. I do not &quot;insist&quot; that everyone buys one like mine either. I did try to point out the differences between them and still can't understand why or how some use light duty 6 cylinder trucks to tow and carry heavy loads. Some people look at the $4400. option for the diesel and say &quot;no way&quot;, just wanted to make sure they understood the difference.<p>As far as my truck I use it for my business and personal use, I have 2 children and need the room. I wanted a nice truck, found mine loaded with leather, crew cab, long bed, and several custom options and bought it! What a tax write off! <p>Yes, it is a task keeping it clean that's why I have seat covers I put on during mowing days and have floor liners also. As you can see in my photos, after over a year of service my truck and trailer look new.<p>The price you paid is a good price for a heavy duty truck. What trim package? What engine? What size cab? $19,025.00 is not far off the price around here for a V-8 gas, regular cab, 4x2, XL trim. <p>----------<br>Ray Kirby - Kirby's Cuttin' Edge Lawn Maintenance<br>Home Page, My Truck, Lawn Photos

3. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of sixes, I used to own a 84 F250 2wd, with a 4 speed, 300 ci six and very low gears, not sure on ratio, but it wasn't the factory gears. The previous owner swapped in some ultra-low gears, thinking probably 4.88 or lower. That thing would flat out pull any gas v-8 I've ever driven. Tons of torque down low. We'd regularly pull 2 full anhydrous ammonia tanks. Only problem was starting out on gravel with that much weight. That poor truck took a severe beating, pulling tanks, to 1500 bushel grain dryers that are only meant to be towed by tractors. I would love to own a nice new truck, but I could never see spending the cash for one, when there are so many older trucks that are more than capable at many thousands less. Need to present a professional image. No problem, slap on a paint job at Maaco for under a grand, add some custom wheels, and lettering on the door, and your 3,000 dollar truck looks as good as any other &quot;new&quot; work truck out there. Just my personal opinions, to each their own.

4. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

KIRBYS LAWN,<br> THE TRUCK THAT I BOUGHT IS AN XL TRIM PACKAGE(WHITE W/ GRAY VINYL) 5.4 TRITON V8,5SPD(CAN NOT USE 1ST UNLESS REAL HEAVY LOAD OR STEEP GRADE PULL OUT) NO A/C,4.10 GEAR RATIO, CLASS IV TOW PACKAGE IT IS A REAL NICE &quot;WORK&quot;TRUCK. MY POV IS A '93 FORD EXPLORER XLT 4 DOOR,4X4 W/5SPD AND CLOTH INT.ONLY PAID $3,8000.00 FOR IT IN MID '99 (HAS 212589.0 MILES) OFF OF A CUSTOMER. HE SELLS CONEYOR SYSTEMS FOR AGRIGATE/CONCRETE MFGS. ALL HIGHWAY MILES.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Like I said, price sounds about right, sittin' or standing. No A/C? How do you survive? Worked today here in Charlotte, temp 96 degrees with what felt like 100% humidity! Went through 4 soaked shirts, thank GOD for cold A/C. Today, the A/C alone felt like it was worth thousands! ;)<p>Evan......what about your truck?? Did you get it??<p>Ray<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

6. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

VERY HOT TODAY! WOULD RATHER GO W/O A/C THAN GET IN AND OUT OF IT ALL DAY AND GET SICK. SO I JUST GOT THE TRUCK W/O A/C. THE REASON YOU WENT THROUGH SO MANY SHIRTS, IS YOUR BODY TEMP KEEPS FLUCTUATING BACK AND FORTH AND NEVER GETS ACCLIMATED THEREFORE, YOU SWEAT TWICE AS MUCH. p.s. i'm not shouting, my caps lock button gets stuck sometimes.<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: SKDCO<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: SKDCO

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We don't turn on the AC til we are on our way home. If I turned it on during the day, I'd never get back out of the truck.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

8. OP
    OP
    Evan528

kirby, i picked it up last evening! its is so great i cant even put it into words! i cant even get out of it once im in it. its comphy ,rides smooth and just looks mean as hell! now my z master is no longer the love of my life! the truck is my new baby. im going out right now to go get a bug deflector,seat covers and vinal floor mats so it dosnt get beat up when i get in it dirty! whaatta beast!<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Evan528

9. OP
    OP
    Evan528

Here is a picture of my new truck. The picture color is not great but it is Dark blue with grey bottom. I love this truck! The gas miliage is my only complaint.... i expected that though!<br>&lt;img src = http://elms.bizland.com/evan.jpg&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: Eric ELM

10. OP
    OP
    Evan528

finally got the picture up here! thanx Eric