New 2019 Bad Boy Powerhouse Outlaw Lineup!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by retrodog, Sep 27, 2018.

1. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the video before I saw this post and I must say that Bad Boy is making a big effort here. The machines look awesome and now maybe with the slopenose deck they will be cutting better!
    is the horizontal ( Renegade?!?! ) shaft or belt driven for the blades?

hort101 likes this.
  2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

It’s belt drive, and the drive system has separate belts for each pump which is a huge upgrade. The industry has a whole tries to stay away from shaft drives as much as it can..

3. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

Did BB come out with a new deck? We see the slope nose on the decks in the Pictures, did they change anything underneath with baffling, etc?

4. Way2low01

Way2low01 LawnSite Member

I like the redesign on the decks. Curious if this has any direct impact on cut quality. Amazing looking machines with the new outlaw and stander lineup.

5. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

Looks like it has 4 wheeler tires. might have to give BB a look next year when i get a new machine

6. Jfly37

Jfly37 LawnSite Member

Hello retrodog, I saw your reply to OP and was curious why having separate belts for each pump is a advantage/huge upgrade to having a single belt driving both pumps?

Also, you state the industry as a whole tries to stay away from shaft drives as much as it can but why would this be the case? I have been researching the high end ZTR market all summer and fall and found that several manufacturers employ a drive shaft on their top end models such as Scag, Kubota, John Deere, Exmark, Toro etc.

7. nmw1

nmw1 LawnSite Member

looks almost like a clone from a spartan mower

8. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe the other way around, but Bad Boy came out many years before Spartan.

9. nmw1

nmw1 LawnSite Member

this new style for 2019 is just now been released though, spartans have been out for several years now, this new deck on the bad boy looks the same as the spartans, i think the ceo of spartan used to work for bad boy(correct me if i'm wrong)

10. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, he used to be with Bad Boy. Think maybe they both (partially) copied their decks from other similar designs that have been out a while. :)