Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 23 Hp. kohler for my TTracer . It has 50 hrs on it and is using oil . I have never had a new engine use oil . Every time I start it a puff of smoke comes out . Another guy I know has the same puff smoke on start up also(5 Hrs. on his engine) Has anyone else had this problem W/ a new engine?
Steve

·
Registered
99 Posts
my ztr would put out a puff of smoke first thing in the morning. asked dealer he asked if I was leaving trailer on a incline when I unhooked,well I was he said to back mower on trailer or level trailer, problem solved. don't know if this has any relation to your problem

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the people I bought the engine from and he asked what kind of oil I was using .I told him Castrol 10w-30 .He said to use Valvoline because it was better for air cooled engines. I've used castrol for 25 yrs without a problem. He said there were to many additives in Castrol and they have had better results with Valvoline.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.