1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

New account, round two

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LandscapeinRVA, Jan 19, 2020.

1. LandscapeinRVA

LandscapeinRVA LawnSite Member

Hey all! I was on this site many a years ago under a different username. It reflected what my business was doing then while I was in high school. However, now it's changed. I sold my client list, went to college for landscape contracting/design, and minored in turfgrass management. Now, I've moved cities to RVA and I'm working for a large commercial maintenance company and operating my small residential design/build company on the side. The dream is one day to only have my company, but I like where I am now. Any questions, fire away!

20190422_145109.jpg

20190908_193233.jpg

hort101 and Mownmachine144 like this.
  2. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

the pic at the bottom, is it photoshoped?

3. OP
    OP
    LandscapeinRVA

Yes, that was a photo from Real Time Landscape Architect. It's a decent 3D software. I'm trained with AutoCad and hand drawing. AutoCad is great for large scale projects and Hand Drawing is good for a quick sketch, but I often use it for brainstorming on my own. RTLA is great for client presentation and to sell the job.

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Good for you! Keep working hard! What kind of equipment are you working with?

5. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

What does the RTLA cost?

6. OP
    OP
    LandscapeinRVA

I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 V8, a 7x16 open trailer, Stihl handhelds, LESCO Spreader, Backpack Sprayer, and some hand tools. I have a Toro push mower and a little troy bilt tiller, but the mower is barely used and I only use the little tiller for installing annuals. For Stihl I have:
    FS 90 R weedeater, KM 130 with attachments, BR 600, BR 800, MS 180 chainsaw, HSE 60 hedge trimmer.

My wish list includes some AM Leonard Hand Tools, a cage for the trailer, and Green Touch racks for the trailers. A big want is an Exmark Turf Tracer but I do zero mowing right now.

7. OP
    OP
    LandscapeinRVA

Costs $399.95 for the base package. Well worth it just for the photo based designs portion.

8. OP
    OP
    LandscapeinRVA

My 7x16 Holmes Trailer

20200424_174637.jpg

9. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you work for ruppert?

10. OP
    OP
    LandscapeinRVA