1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New allan block cap

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mike33, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Imagine this we now have a 18" block with a 12" cap. How does every one think this will work? Picked up caps today and allan block changed there cap from 18" which is the size of ther block to 12". I had a straight wall and you couldnt make it work out with out cutting almost every cap than having a smaller piece to make bond lines meet. Does every one else agree the cap should be the same size as the block?
    Mike

2. Stonetech

Stonetech LawnSite Member

Mike,
    some block companies ahve started offering 12" caps FOR bond lines. With an 18 in block, you center a 12 on it, then go from there, so instead of having one seam in the middle of the block, you have two per block and are off set. so it looks like this -> (bear with me)
    |_________|__________________|__________________|________|
    __________________|__________________|__________________|

So instead of having it look like stacked bricks, its more lines, appears smaller, smoother curves, more like a finishing touch than a half height wall block.
    Think a little more outside the box bud, you can't really go wrong.

hope that helps....like i said, forgive the art work didn't feel like attaching a CAD file.