New Backpack Blower for 2017?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wdrdoctor, Jan 4, 2017.

1. wdrdoctor

wdrdoctor LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a new backpack blower coming out soon that has more power than the redmax ebz8500 , or the stihl br700?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure why you need one that is stronger than the two you listed but the Husqvarna 580 is stronger than both of those just heavy as heck. It is my preferred blower. Stay with the tried and true.

3. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

Just released Maruyama bl9000 has better specs than 580. I got 580's which are currently the strongest....giving a Maruyama a shot in the Spring.

RDALawns likes this.
  4. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I've actually seen and used the new Maruyama blower.They are awsome.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That isn't true. The 580 and 8500 are the same exact blower in different colors and with different shoulder harnesses and tube mounted throttles.

The new Maru looks excellent on paper. Hopefully I will get the chance to try one this spring.

TrainingWheels, Darryl G and ltdlawn like this.
  6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

If someone just wants the biggest and strongest when they already have excellent machines they have more money than sense. My opinion and I have been around the block a few times. Good luck with the new blower.

JLSLLC likes this.
  7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

The new Maruyama may be stronger, but you wouldn't be able to tell if it's worth upgrading unless you're blowing leaves.

Anytime a bigger blower can save you a reasonable amount of time. It is worth the upgrade during leaf season. Over the years, I've given away or sold cheaply, what once was the best blower. A Red Max 8050 is a WASTE OF TIME after the 8500 came out.

sjessen likes this.
  8. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

If the new Maruyama is as good as it claims I'll have 3 bl85t blowers for sale. 1 is 3 months old with little use.

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's a BS test. They kept switching the tube ends on the Mary. The small tip is going to be able top blow farther out due to the concentrated, narrow stream.

Test them side by side on leaves with full volume so we can hear the engines.

I'm very interested in the new 9000, but they have to do a lot better at advertising them than that.

Fatwood likes this.
  10. alopez14

alopez14 LawnSite Member

For whatever reason, I feel that we are more power-crazy when it comes to blowers than any other piece of equipment. Also, we tend to squabble about which is the best more vociferously about blowers more than other pieces of equipment.

That being said, if all you care about is power, wait for the maruyama. It will probably dethrone the 8500.