New Backpack Blower for 2017?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wdrdoctor, Jan 4, 2017.

1. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Texas

I got mine for 525,tax free. Your dealer sucks

2. wdrdoctor

wdrdoctor LawnSite Senior Member

3. RDALawns

Male, from Texas

Maruyama bl9000 blower

4. wdrdoctor

lol the bl9000 isn't even out yet,and the suggested retail price directly from the mouth of Maruyama is $599

5. RDALawns

Male, from Texas

Think again it will be at my dealer next week. And I don't care what your told my dealer sold me 2 at 525 each

6. wdrdoctor

Ok...post your dealer name. I will call them and order one over the phone,and pay for shipping to florida.

7. RDALawns

Male, from Texas

Pm me I'll give you the info

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

The truth is that I do have a dual blower setup that I use and it is very fast and productive because you can focus the two air streams individually or together and move leaves faster. It's the same thing as when 2 guys on blowers team up to move a pile, but you can execute it better yourself. It's awesome really. The only problem is the exhaust from the blower on your chest :) Even though it's faced away from you, it's still in your face and it's to the point you're going to get carbon monoxide poisoning. But having 2 tubes would be awesome, I've done it... Sometimes along with the wheel blower. For now I'll have to settle for using my wheel blower and only one backpack blower simultaneously...And no I'm not kidding for once.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  9. RDALawns

Male, from Texas

I'm counting the days now till my blowers show up :)

TrainingWheels and RussellB like this.
  10. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

im not trying to detract from folk improvin stuff , this is just input in attempt help : putting a two tubed backie on and taking it off plus storing it on trailer is going to be a hassle . to me the quest is more power in lighter package with single tube . and maybe that can be accomplished by a better strap / harness style which allows one to carry more weight without burden . but you still get to more weight and size being a hassle to pick up and put on an off which'll turn folk off from using it . so my two cents on it , and like i said im not detracting but rather tryin to help , is that a double barrel isnt going to win and your better off putting your efforts into other ideas