1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Backpack Blower for 2017?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by wdrdoctor, Jan 4, 2017.

1. wdrdoctor

wdrdoctor LawnSite Senior Member

I just got through talking to Maruyama,and it was confirmed to me that the BL9000 backpack blower measures 1080 cfm at the tip of the tube. What is everyones thoughts regarding this?

2. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

I'd like to know what the mph is at that cfm. It's misleading how many blower manufactures list the top cfm and the top mph of the units but don't mention that you can only have one or the other at the same time.

3. wdrdoctor

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Those are really good numbers. Let's hope the method of measurement they used is comparable to the other companies.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

There really needs to be a standard method for testing like they now have for the small engines. Regardless, most list the specs as taken at the tube's end at the same rpm level for each test as far as cfm or mph goes. Husqvarna used to show all that in their catalogs and on their site. They don't anymore.

sjessen and alopez14 like this.
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

My understanding is that the 225 and 1080 are with different nozzles. Who knows...they all spin the numbers for their benefit.

7. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

The 225 is measured with the tornado tips on. The mph would be higher without the tip.

8. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

Not buying it and not what I heard. Do you really think it's capable of that and that they aren't just showing numbers to their best benefit? Of course they are. They all do it! Some even list the cfm at the housing rather than the tip but don't specify.

9. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

Do I really think they are ...Yes I do !!!!

10. wdrdoctor

Would you have this same concern I have ? I am considering buying a new maruyama bl9000. I would order it online. For any possile warranty repair work a maruyama dealer is 2 hrs drive away from me.