Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new Big Tex trailer today. Can't wait to get it. 7 x 16 landscaper, 2 gates, electric brackes. spare tire, tool racks, gate assists.

Here's the kicker.. I don't know what color to pick. I was thinking yellow!!!! What do you guys think about that? The other option is amazon green, but everyone has the green. Basically they said I could have any color I choose.

Help me pick!!!!! What color...... Green or Yellow

http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70lr.html.

Tim

:D :D :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I am turning my 5x12 into a leaf vacuuming machine for the winter. Just got to figure out what to with the leafs over the weekend.

Yellow would deffinately get me noticed, but green is soooo normal. I want to stand out on the road.

I hate easy decisions!

:blob4:

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
blades,

what color is the truck that will pull this?

how much did you pay, as you have specked it? sounds like a nice trailer

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2367 $ out the door. I am driving to the factory to pick it up in 3 weeks. Will post new pics as soon as I get it back here.

My truck is white and uglier than the trailer behind it. I will have paid more for the truck than the trailer when it gets here

Blades

·
Registered
170 Posts
watch out for the wiring configuration on big-tex trailers. they run there wires through holes drilled in the frame w/ no protective wraps. After one year I had to rewire the entire trailer or continue to change fuses numerous times a day. The holes they cut had vary sharp edges. Other than that great trailer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go with yellow. It will get you noticed and phone calls.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by hortboy
watch out for the wiring configuration on big-tex trailers. they run there wires through holes drilled in the frame w/ no protective wraps. After one year I had to rewire the entire trailer or continue to change fuses numerous times a day. The holes they cut had vary sharp edges. Other than that great trailer.
Your's must have been built on a Monday or a Friday cause I've owned 2 Big Tex trailers and never had that problem. Mine has wraps so the wiring doesn't get cut going through holes in the frame.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Try red it will get you noticed to or go with the color of your equipment to have something match a little I drive the same kind of truck for work I would like to have my equipment and trailer match at least

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have chosen Yellow. My truck is white and i like the photo of Hunters trailer he posted. It will deffinately be a little loud. I have a couple od great dane units and 2 JX 85 John Deere push mowers. So, all the equipment will match up perfectly..

I will not have it for about 3 weeks, when I get it home I'll post some pics.

G

·
Those trailers are nice for stacking leaves but when it comes time to dump they are like the headache I once got after my brothers bachlor party

·
Registered
980 Posts
HUNTER

NICE TRAILER. How long is that one?

Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by GrassBustersLawn
NICE TRAILER. How long is that one?
6.5 x 12 with 4' sides and pintel hitch.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Blades HorseCreek Mfg in Cookville, TX made the trailer. thier number is 903.577.8959. You can call them to find a dealer near you. They don't sell direct.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hunter,
I bought mine through Big Tex. I have to go pick it up at the end of the month. Are you far from Mt. Pleasant? I thought about driving on into Dallas and hang out for a day or two but pick up a new contract that will be keeping me busy...

Blades

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.