1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Blower Today!!!! EBZ8001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flattoplawncare, Apr 15, 2008.

1. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,
    Picked up a new Redmax Ebz 8001 today out the door it was $532.00 i have been breaking it in and WOW!! this beast is powerfull and i have yet to run it full throttle. I cant wait to use this my cleanups start next week.
    I will post pics later today.

2. flattoplawncare

Hey does anyone know how to mount this to an open trailer? any special rack? maybe a link to one.
    thanks

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

4. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

How does one go about breaking one in?

5. flattoplawncare

just on and off the throttle for 1 tank of gas usually at least thats what the dealer told me.

6. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

just installed a Jungle Jim rack for my 7100 and it's great. My 7100 is a week old and your right the Redmax is the only way to go.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

OOPs! I ran mine wide open from the get go:cry: The thing will still blow a brick around
    :weightlifter:

8. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

How much better are these compared to Stihl br600?

I'm going with back pack blowers instead of vacs this spring clean up season. Starts in a few days:(

9. flattoplawncare

Hello get the 8001 if you have the dough!!!!

10. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one a few weeks ago and the same places last year with my Husqvarna 145 BT ($300) would have taken almost twice as long. The only drawback is the redmax doesnt come with a 45 degree chute. Iw ould like an angle on the chute.

I am thrilled witht he redmax performance, and I was happy with ym husqvarna until I tried this new one out. I got it to spread clippings in the lawn better, I knew I needed the most powerful blower and I know I got it!