1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

new blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 29, 2004.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

today i went and bought a stihl br340 and all i can say is wow... this thing is way better than my hand held one. i can blow twice and much stuff with this as i could with the other one i had... now dont make fun but the other one i have that this is replacing is a little homelite thing that is now my back up. i cant wait till the grass is growing like mad so that i can blow all sorts of things. today when i was putting it to its test i was blowing dirt from when i was edging some old sidewalks that had not been edged in about 3 years. this thing was picking up piles of mud and throwing them all over the place.. This is a great blower and i am proud to have stihl as my official hand tool brand!!

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If you think that Stihl has power, you should have tried a Redmax.I'm proud to say that Redmax is MY tool of chioce.

3. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I have a stihl br340 as well and I agree, it is a nice machine. But, why do you need a backup blower if you have that. Espec. a homelite... Just messing with ya

4. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Stihl is STILL the one.

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

venecular,

I dont need one.. i just said that cuz i dont know what to do with the old one... maybe make a wind powered scooter lol!!!

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have the same blower and i like it, I still grab the handheld to blow off short side walks, before i can crank and put the back pack blower on im done with the handheld, plus it saves a little wear and tear on the bp an save it for leaf season

7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have one of those...We have races to see who can blow it across the shop floor fastest with a shinny eb630.

I know its better than any handheld, but wait till you step up to a big blower