New Breakthrough Product Line! VOLT All-Star™ Spotlights!

Discussion in 'VOLT Lighting (Archived)' started by steveparrott, Nov 3, 2015.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott LawnSite Bronze Member

Friends,

If you prefer fixtures with replaceable LED lamps over integrated LEDs, then the new VOLT All-Star Spotlights may soon become your go-to fixtures for the great majority of projects. With lower price points and pro quality construction, they fit every budget while giving you pro design flexibility.

There are several major enhancements in design of the All-Star series.
    1. Optimized for replaceable LED lamps.
    2. Superior aiming adjustments and glare control.
    3. Available in brass and aluminum with a range of low price points to fit every budget.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The two cast aluminum All-Star models (second and third fixtures above) represent VOLT's first introduction of spotlights that are not solid brass or copper. The new fixtures feature a super-durable powder coating and carry a 5-year warranty. These models give designers the flexibility to use pro-quality fixtures when brass or copper are not in the budget.

The Cast Brass All-Star Spotlight (above left) features a lifetime warranty.

Watch the videos for the All-Star fixtures: Cast Brass, Aluminum with Black Finish, Aluminum with Bronze Finish.

Visit the web pages for the All-Star fixtures: Cast Brass, Aluminum with Black Finish, Aluminum with Bronze Finish.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Disappointed to see the 18 gauge lead wire. I know, I know, it's heavy enough for LEDs. But it just reminds me of all the old junk fixtures by Kichler or Vista or Malibu that I tear out.

3. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

steveparrott LawnSite Bronze Member

I appreciate your concern about the wire gauge, but it is adequate and there's nothing junky about these fixtures.

4. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Phil,

I actually prefer an 18 gauge lead on anyone's fixture, especially now with LED's. This goes hand in hand with my favorite stake designs, slotted. When installing new fixtures I can quickly hammer in and level all my stakes then come back and install my fixtures.
    Any wire larger than 18g can knot up very quickly if you let it. And why is it needed unless you are hubbing all your fixtures and not using LED.

Keith

5. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Keith, I tend to "overbuild" everything. Heck I don't even like to use
    16-gauge at more than 36 inches. I would pay extra for fixtures with 16-gauge 4 ft. leads rather than 18-gauge.
    That's great if you can place all your stakes before the fixture. I've always been too fussy. I use trident stakes and I often move mine a little this way or a little that way before I'm satisfied with the light distribution.

6. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Phil, I have talked on the phone with you enough to know you are the real deal. I have always thought it was funny anyway how some manu's use sockets with inches long 18g or even 22g wire then use crappy crimps (unheated, many times inside the fixture or knuckle) to then put on a 4' or 25' lead using 16g wire. Just give me a one piece socket lead wire 2-3' length in 18g that I can heat shrink to my 12g runs and I'm happy. So, our thinking is not all that different really as I may be over-building and using more 12g perhaps. We have to get down to that thin socket wire eventually right?

You are not fussy Phil. You just want to do things the right way the first time. Nothing wrong with that!

Have a great fall season!
    Keith