1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Buisness

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by surfendesigner, Apr 17, 2004.

1. surfendesigner

surfendesigner LawnSite Member

Hola -

Saying whats up to everyone out there. Have a few questions, hopefully can be answered. Beware I am young, but open and always seeking knowledge. My questions are: 1) What kind of liscense's do I need to start my own landscaping buisness? 2) Going back to #1, do I actually need any and, at what time would I need one?

2. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone in Florida can probably give you more direct answers, but I would say get a city/county business license before you do any work. If nothing else, you sound more professional when you can say "licensed and insured".

Randy

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You dont need a county license. You need a city occupational license for every city you work in. If you use your full name in the business name then you dont have to get a ficticious name either, but if you have to get a ficticious name you gan go to sunbiz.org and register it, costs $50. To get city license go to the town hall (in most cases). The cost is from $50-$10. If you do work in st pete you dont need one if you have one from another city.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -