1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

New Business Advertisement

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Double A Services, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Double A Services

Double A Services LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I have been in business for 2 years doing landscaping work on the side while working for a large company. I am planning to break out on my own this spring and want to get some opinions on what you have found to be the best means of advertisement. Since I started a couple years ago I have got most of my work through word of mouth but it isn't enough to support going full time. I try to stay away from craigslist because it always ends up being a lot of champagne tastes on beer budgets. Let me know what works for you guys in both maintenance and installation. I am in central Ohio.

2. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

This is going to be my 3rd year in business and am pushing more advertising this year. before i just had a facebook page and posted multiple posts throughout the year on local marketplace, as well as posted an add in the paper. i feel like i got a majority of my work from my add in the paper. this year im getting a 1 page website, doing 10,000 "impressions"/month online advertising, paper add, and some door hangers in subdivisions i want to target. hope this helps.

Double A Services likes this.
  3. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, a website has been my biggest lead generator.

Everywhere is different tho. I use a mix of online marketing and networking(referrals, biz cards in local biz, etc.).

You just have to experiment a little and see what works best in your area. You can’t go wrong with a website and solid SEO tho. Everyone “googles” everything.

4. OP
    OP
    Double A Services

Double A Services LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I have a website and I have got a few leads from people filling out the contact form but they usually are generated from other locations (Facebook, neighborhood app) I may throw some money towards facebook adds and google adds to see if they work for me.