1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

new client letter

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsf343, May 7, 2006.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick question, does anyone have a type of "welcome aboard letter" they would be willing to show me or share? I am sure you include types of services you offer and that type of thing. Would appreciate any help.
    jeff

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have one, but I was thinking that it would be really good to send one out. I would also include terms of agreement, what happens when it rains, etc.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Shouldn't that be addressed in the contract? I think it is a good idea to verbalize it and address it in the letter. Also thank them for doing business with you.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No but I am thinking of adding this to my website, the link to which is printed on my business cards. Understand not everybody will visit said site, but it's a step in that direction.

As for an actual welcome letter, I'm a verbal guy so a handshake usually settles things but that's just me.

5. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I'm working on one right now and I'll mail them to new customers along with a couple fliers to pass out to friends and family as part of my refferal program.