New cordless backpack sprayer video review

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Silver Cymbal, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Silver Cymbal

Silver Cymbal LawnSite Member

I love this thing. Took me a while to warm up to it but I am very pleased with it. I did a complete review since I think Jacto doesnt market their stuff very well. It is loaded with some cool feature like LIION battery and internal tank agitation. Not the cheapest but not much more than a solo which I tried and didn't like. Hope you find it interesting.

2. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Thought all backpack sprayers were cordless:hammerhead:

oqueoque and wildstarblazer like this.
  3. Silver Cymbal

Hehehehe! Great point. I love it

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice review video.

It looks ok but a few things if me or my employees are using it.

First, where the hose is connected to the tank, looks like if you bang it, it will snap right off? That connection should be recessed and they way we use back pack sprayers I bet it will break quickly.
    20181104_194729.jpg

Second, price is up there at $379.

Third, I didn't see any place on line to buy replacement parts quickly for that sprayer. View attachment 370540

Fourth, replacement battery is around $125.. one thing I did see as a replacement online.

rlitman likes this.
  5. Silver Cymbal

I would definitely consider this one on part with the Birchmeir line of sprayers. They are almost $900 each. I got to try one and was impressed by their sprayer and the fact I needed to remortgage my house to buy one :) This is a really nice alternative, so definitely less expensive the the BM but slightly more than the Chapin and Solo. Thats a good point about the hose heck, not sure how resident that is to damage, hopefully better being centered in the back but thats a good point. The batteries are expensive being LiIon but hopefully they will come down in price. Thanks for the feedback though all great things.

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

We hang our sprayers in a trailer and they get hit by equipment all the time on the outside bottom area right where that screw on connector is and trailer is tight and walking past they could get hit. Also when taking off a sprayer with a few gallons or more in one, they come off and land a bit violent on their bottoms on occasion when putting one on the ground. That battery is on the bottom corner. That also could become broken it looks. Not everyone has a nice tail gate to put on and take off a sprayer like in your vid. Employees are brutal on equipment.

Many products are made by an engineer that never once in their life actually used the product they designed.

I am Just giving my option from using all kinds of back pack sprayers for 30 years.

7. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

I use the little brother the pjb-16. Love the thing. The intank agitation is a really nice feature. Was able to backpack a wdg and keep it all mixed up nice.

Thing is built pretty tough but I'm sure employees will find a way to break it.

Mr Efficiency and Silver Cymbal like this.
  8. Silver Cymbal

Very cool. I think anything can break with enough effort! :) Glad to hear you like yours also.

9. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Member

I have this also and love it so far. The only problem is the agitation lever seems to be pretty cheap, I'm afraid to use it to much and break it.

10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

nice review.. didnt know you were on LS. i am going to get something in feb or sooner to apply prem in landscape beds was thinking about a gas backpack but might look at these