New Customers Middle Of Summer

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
New customers that come in during mid season would potentially get a surcharge for weed control if the property is full of weed problems. Factor time and materials for the extra weed control efforts.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Good question--is it wise to apply post and pre-emergent crabgrass control for mid-summer new customers--as an extra cost option?
Apply round 1 and 3 at the same time? At 150 percent of the first round price?

True, I have applied liquid fertilizer with liquid weed blanket weed control--and followed up 5 minutes later with granular fert with pre-emergent crabgrass control.
No harm resulted--at least after the few times that I did such applications.
No extra charge--probably lost money on the ap. I did not apply liquid Drive for crabgrass. Still a Drive ap with a backpack should be possible.
It should also be possible to use the solution from your main tank instead of clean water--in your backpack sprayer--you would only be applying a tiny amount of additional fert and weed control, with the backpack mixed for Drive.

OP
PalsLawnServices

PalsLawnServices

LawnSite Member
Would a 3 way product be a good idea to blanket spray for warm season turf this time of the year? If not what do you guys recommend?

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
No idea about warm season, but we still blanket up here in summer if it needs it, otherwise spot treat as necessary. We have been around over 40 years, so we, and our guys, have an idea when it can and shouldn't be done

Hineline

LawnSite Bronze Member
We just took on a new lawn planted 2 months ago. 12K of bluegrass. We had to backpack a blanket of Dismiss NXT and then spot spray crab. The machine put out fert and blanket spray for broadleaves. The app price was double for this first application. It was an absolute mess and the customer was warned that some temporary bronzing could happen.

Top Forums