New Customers-

northeast

LawnSite Member
I would like some good info about picking up about 20 new residentials to take up slack during dry spells.We have tried the paper,not much help.Open for any suggestions.<br>Thanks in advance for any help. Nick

G

Greenthumb

Ive called realitors,flyers,payed kids to go door to door, some of my nicer lawns the owner let me put a sign. hpoe i can help. let know if you got any other ideas

G

Greenthumb

Ive called realitors,flyers,payed kids to go door to door, some of my nicer lawns the owner let me put a sign. hpoe i can help. let know if you got any other ideas

OP
N

northeast

LawnSite Member
thanks for the flyer idea!! i am printing up a batch now to distribute tomorrow.Things were great untill the grass stopped growing.now i am finding the once a week jobs becoming more like every10 days,ouch.

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
Northeast,<br> Be careful adding on because of drought. When the rain comes and the grass grows, will you be able to keep up.<br> Try selling your existing customer base additional services (gutter cleaning, mulching etc). Then sel them on the idea of a year round agreement. Then the money is constant although the work isn't.<br> If you want to add on 20 customers in a short time, concentrate on the areas you are already in. Use your exixting customers as referrals or them an incentive to get some friends or neighbors to sign on.

B

bill phagan

Make sure the flyers are not delivered on their garbage day! They will work but door hangers can work better. Suggest you try to &quot;clone&quot; your best customers by putting together a referral program for them. On a two-sided flyer, explain to them you are looking for new customers &quot;just like them&quot; and in lieu of spending big bucks for your advertising, you'd like to pass the savings on to them with referrals. Offer them nothing, offer them 25%, 50, 75 or 100% off their next months bill if you pick up one, two, three new accounts or whatever you want to offer. On the back page, have a place for them to put their referrals by name, address and phone #. YOU do the bookkeeping and credit them ...don't allow them to do it.<br>This really works pretty well....send them e-mail to intro this opportunity, send a flyer in their invoice or do a special mailing....and when you're talking and gaining those new accounts, ask them for referrals as well. Let me know how you do.<p>Bill Phagan<br>Green Ind Consulting, Inc.<br>www.greenindconsulting.com