Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Exmark dealer told me that the mower deck for the New Lazers next year will have a new design. She doesn't know what the changes will be. Anybody hear anything about this? I am going to buy a new Lazer next spring but I am sceptical of change.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Great....nothing like ruining a perfect thing. we'll just have to see when it comes out, but I've always been one to go by the philosophy If it's not broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Runner said:
Great....nothing like ruining a perfect thing. we'll just have to see when it comes out, but I've always been one to go by the philosophy If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Joe
Exmark must combine the ultracut and the try deck to have the best of both worlds.
I do think you will be happy with the new one.
John

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Oh yeah, I have to see this new combi thing (ultra+trivan). eXmark service in my area is not good at all but the cut is still mesmerizing...too bad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
milo, what's so bad about the 44" decks. I am looking/researching on buying a ZTR at the end of this season or first of next. I cannot have over a 44" cut because it just wouldn't be efficent as I mow 2 cemeteries and it would be just too much weedeating because most stone are 48" apart give or take 2 or 3 inches. What do you not like about your Exmark, they are on my list to go look at and possibly demo.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Gizmo, You should still give the eXmark LZHP 44" a try. They are NOT "the worst cut ever". I should know, I use one, (LZHP 44" Kohler 20hp), It actually does better on most of my properties than some of the other eXmark deck sizes I have used over the last 10 years; (36, 48, 52, 60). Milo could have problems due to setup issues, (deck pitch, tire pressure, rpm, blade choice, grass type, conditions, etc.). For my area, I use the mulch kit with solid foil eXmark Excalibur blades, and a 1/4 inch deck pitch. This combo works best for my properties, over other combos I have tried. So don't take everyones opinions as fact. Do your research and make an informed decision for yourself. If you have any questions, or need any more info, PM me.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Well, my speculation would be that 'IF' they make a change it will be for standardizing purposes.
In other words, it would probably be much more cost effective to bend only one shell type.

That being said, and the fact that Toro did not 'adopt' the eXmark decks....
I would say that eXmark will 'inheirit' the Turbo Force style shell.
I would also say that all riders and walks under both brand names will get the same treatment.
Finally all eXmark mowers would have a 5 1/2" deep deck.

Probably an all Turbo Force style with maybe the exception that it would wear the eXmark right side chute opening, ect, and probably fixed baffling of the same shape such as what is now found on the Toro 400 series estate mowers.

To be quite honest, I believe this would prove to be quite an IMPROVEMENT.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
hi again. i would go get a toro 44 inch but not the exmark zhp44 inch. mine cuts bad... had it looked at 2 different places and all they would say is put new blades on it. it was set perfect. i like the size of it and it rides nice but i cut lawns 3 times with it or go like 2mph to cut it right.. i like exmarks but this 44 inch is not good at cutting.. oh and on hills they are really bad... i would love the mower if it cut good. and i am gonna try to buy a toro deck and put that on it if they are not that bad priced. or just wait till they come out with the new deck. i have headr that with there blade speed and 3 blades that small that was the problem. most 42 inch tractors have 2 blades but 3 smaller ones it just makes a mess. also look at the yazoo's if there is a dealer near you a really nice cutting machine. tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.