1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

New Dual Zone Transformer

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Alan B, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

VOLT® Introduces a new dual zone transformer. 2 Separate 300w circuits each able to be controlled independently. Great alternative if you want to have different zones without the trouble that comes with some of the other more complicated systems that have multi-zone control.

Easy to install, troubleshoot and maintain. Bulletproof. Stainless steel, toroidal core, clamp connect terminal blocks, lifetime warranty.

Call backs, technical issues, training, customer confusion kill the profit of a job whihc is often what happens with complicated zone control systems. With the VOLT dual zone transformer you dont need to worry about wifi issues, connectivity, poor signals, reprogramming, and reading manuals to figure out how to use it. Sometimes analog, simple controls are the way to go.

This transformer will also support VOLTs new line of security lighting we are about to release (see post below).

https://www.voltlighting.com/low-vo...tdoor-lighting-dual-circuit-600/p/VTR-600D-SS

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Mike M likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

Note we produced this dual zone transformer to support a new line of security lighting we are about to release-- low voltage landscape fixtures and security lights that are triggered via motion sensors. This way you can have you regular landscape lights connected to your traditional timer/photocell, then have separate low voltage landscape security lights connected to the other circuit in this transformer that are tripped via motion sensors.

3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Silver Member
    from usa

This has many uses. For one, flags need to be illuminated all night.

I am anxious to hear more about your security lighting. I was recently thinking that direction may be good if we hit an economic downturn. I don't see why you couldn't make security cameras that could be mounted with lighting fixtures, with wifi integration.

4. OP
    OP
    Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

it will help sell landscape lighting to have the security features integrated-- now its not just for looks and safety but also for true security of your family, possessions and property. People have home security which protects the inside of the house but this will extend that security to the property boundary.

Mike M likes this.
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Great idea guys.

6. OP
    OP
    Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

We will have a variety of security landscape light fixture options with different purposes. For example:

1. fixtures that only act as a deterrent -- security only fixture with small red strobe light that flashes for 3 seconds when tripped by motion to indicate that a security system has been engaged and this is not the house to rob. Can be fitted into a traditional fixture to blend with the other fixtures or used in our security only purpose-built fixture.
    2. Fixtures that act like regular landscape lights but only turn on when tripped by motion and then stay on for whatever length of time you want. To illuminate the area which welcomes guests so they can see and scares away intruders because they can be seen, it draws attention (and/or think someone turned the lights on).
    3. Plus some others security fixtures and features that I will keep under wraps until released.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Alan when are this light schedule to be available very excited by this

8. OP
    OP
    Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

My apologies for not being able to be specific as this is not it's formal release and just a glimpse-- my Marketing Dept would be upset with me if I foil their release or launch plans. Unfortunately I cannot give any details about our timeline other to say this year.

With a big innovation team and product development staff, we have lots of new products, technologies and concepts in the pipeline as well. To stay up to date please checkout our New Products section regularly. We tend to soft launch new products without any fanfare for quite a while before we promote them. You can see some new products here:

https://www.voltlighting.com/new-products-by-volt-lighting/c/58

(Tip: the new "no lead wire" fixtures are pretty cool)
    https://www.voltlighting.com/integrated-hub-system/c/92

Please stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Alan

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019