1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

new efficiency practice for me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Oct 26, 2006.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

i know that a lot of us use the trimmer to "blow" with on occasion. Earlier this week, i saw that the exhaust from my Stander blew the grass of the window sill(sometimes). Next, I tried to use the exhaust from my trimmer, to blow the grass off of the window sill. I worked great, as long as the window in closed:) Just thought I would pass that revelation on, so some of us can use it to save a trip into the backyard with the blower.

2. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

what in the WORLD is grass doing on a window sill???????????????????????

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto ^^^^ :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe a basement window sill?

5. metro36

If it was a basement window sill them a exhaust you not blow it off. It would most likely be stuck on to the window then

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Definitely we have had grass on a window sill. No way around it, trimming around the foundation, and that basement window will always get it. :hammerhead:
    I'll pass that tip along to Matt about the trimmer exhaust and see how it works.

7. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Logan, is from FL we don't have basements???

But if we did I can see where this make sence.

8. metro36

My lawns have basements but I use the blower to clean up. Using a trimmer would actually take me more time to flip around and the go back to whacking. I would rather do it in one shot with the blower.

9. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

some house have only a little space between them. If the wnd gets hold of the clippings, then they will land on the sill. I am calling it a sill, but it is the slanted concrete piece outside of the windows. it is almost horizontal, so it can collect clipping sometimes. The wind from the exhaust is not like a blower, true, but it can still do the trick in certain situations.

10. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

on your stander put your sheild down, turn on blades and go backwards(watch out for rocks that could be launched). i do this sometimes when traveling back to the truck, mostly in fall to clear drive of leaves. faster than a blower when its dry.