New England Grows 2017

upidstay

LawnSite Bronze Member
Excellent show this year. VERY poorly attended. Used to be later in the year, end of January. But, two heavy snow storms (one year we got 3 feet, in Boston. Paralyzed the city) so they moved it to the last week in November. Unfortunately, most folks can't make it. I think most of the people walking around the trade show floor were either students or vendors.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I didn't go last year either still busy this time of year
Actually looked forward to it a little more after winter:)

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Excellent show this year. VERY poorly attended. Used to be later in the year, end of January. But, two heavy snow storms (one year we got 3 feet, in Boston. Paralyzed the city) so they moved it to the last week in November. Unfortunately, most folks can't make it. I think most of the people walking around the trade show floor were either students or vendors.
Umm hello?
Beginning of holiday season
End of leaf season
Someone has to be a special kind of stupid to put it there.
It USED to be in late February or early March
My guess is maybe those slots were expensive or clashing with something else due to demand

Because if makes more sense to put the show right before spring kicks off

AI Inc

LawnSite Fanatic
Umm hello?
Beginning of holiday season
End of leaf season
Someone has to be a special kind of stupid to put it there.
It USED to be in late February or early March
My guess is maybe those slots were expensive or clashing with something else due to demand

Because if makes more sense to put the show right before spring kicks off
THen add in the fact that I'm in New England , been in business for 23 yrs . Have atteneded probably 15 times and I didn't even know it was last week.

Needless to say their marketing could use a little tweeking.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
THen add in the fact that I'm in New England , been in business for 23 yrs . Have atteneded probably 15 times and I didn't even know it was last week.

Needless to say their marketing could use a little tweeking.
Yea
You know
That’s true
Don’t think I knew about it for years
Just ran into a dude who was an Eli that I knew who happened to be on the board of the something or other (I seriously can’t remember what , ct state version of Alca i think ) and he told me about it or I wouldn’t know

OP
U

upidstay

LawnSite Bronze Member
It was mostly because of the two huge snow storms Boston had two years in a row. Vendors trying to get their stuff out while 3+ feet were falling in a city where traffic is horrible on a dry day