1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New equipment ordered

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johndeereguy, Nov 30, 2006.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I ordered my new equipment today for the 2007 season/ Of course it is all John Deere. I ordered 3 John Deere 997 72" diesel z traks, 1 John Deere 777 27hp gas with a 60". Also oreder a John Deere 4720 tractor with factory cab. This is the first time I have ever replaced all of the equipment at once. I am now going to be looking forward to spring even more. (after i get cought up on a little rest)

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of acreage do you cut a week?

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures when it all comes in!!!!!

And tell us a little about your business. It sounds like you have it going on!

Tim

4. johndeereguy

from Iowa

I cut around 300 acres a week. Most of it is wide open areas where the Land Pride batwing is the main mower. I do a lot of school, truck stops, and city athletic fields.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I never liked replacing everything in the same year and always made sure NOT to get caught in that situation. How is it you know what exactly what you will need 4 months from now? Are you actually putting money down on new equipment or just talking outloud?

6. johndeereguy

from Iowa

Well, considering I traded in all of the same equipment that I purchased, I think know what I need. I usually trade off almost everything every year, and for sure every 2 years.

7. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

If you exchange equipment each year or 2, no sense on ever doing any maintenance like oil/air filter changes or blade balancing.

Remind me never to buy used (especially John deer) equipment.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What kinda diesel engines are on them z traks? Are the yanmars by chance?

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, they are Yanmar diesels.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Shop Foreman at my dealer told me they are loud. True or false?