New Exmark dealer recommends 20/50 oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by pvtcook, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I change my oil every 100 whether it's dino or synth. Never had a problem with that. Lots of guys on here have sent dino oil off to Blackstone lab to have analyzed and it always comes back that it could have gone more than 100 and usually a lot more than 100....as much as 200 and still been fine.

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Gold Member

Oil you use is solely based on conditions in which you mow and how you use your mowers. Manufacturers recommendations are Suggestions to Cover their Azz.

I run Full Syn 5w30 in All my eXmarks because lots of start/stops and cool mornings and works well All Season.

You hauling a Z up hills in Hot Sun all day Different Story.

Use your Brain.

3. otis44

otis44 LawnSite Member

4. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, they honor Walmart, and have done so every year. If you really want to see, check by your location versus their large, generic list. I’ve already received mine as I always have in past years.

5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Gold Member

Castrol or Mobil1. Buy whichever jugs are cheaper at Wally World.

Occasionally bulk deals on eBay or Amazon if you keep eyes open.

6. otis44

otis44 LawnSite Member

Good deal. I was going to head over there and stock up this morning and the only reason I looked at the website to begin with was to see what the purchase amount restrictions were. Thanks for posting this.

7. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

Anyone know if the Mobil1 15w50 would be suitable for 5.9l Cummins diesel (Dodge Ram 2500)? I went back to Walmart this morning and got another jug of Mobil 1 for wife’s van to get my 2nd rebate and looked if they had a 5w40 (which is what I’ve always used) but the only one they had was a 4qt jug specifically labeled for diesel trucks and since 4qts, doesn’t qualify for rebate. My Manual says to use 15w40 or 5w40 synthetic. If 15w50 would be ok, I’d buy it and submit rebate in moms name/address.

8. Dirt Diver

Dirt Diver LawnSite Senior Member

No, I’d stick with an actual HDEO for diesels. Look at M1’s promotion page though...they did have a (separate) rebate going on for their diesel oils too.

Scottdubya83 likes this.
  9. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

Thanks! I Found it. $10 rebate with purchase. Up to 10 rebates. I’ll go stock up for my next 3 oil changes (3 gallons per).

Dirt Diver likes this.
  10. David Tindell

David Tindell LawnSite Member

My Exmark dealer told me to run 30w in all my units. I'm in lower Alabama, apparently the normal weight oil is breaking down too fast with the heat here. What do I know though, I'm just a lawn guy so I just do as I'm told to keep my stuff in warranty.. lol