• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

New exmark radius 60 e series backfire repost

bluegrassbeaverking

LawnSite Member
New exmark radius backfiring when starting up after motor is warmed up. Its the exmark branded engine. Any one with similar issues? Trying to figure out if this common issue or am I doing something wrong. Im pretty new to zero turns. Below is a link to a youtube video of the issue.

Thanks

**Update been making sure to not start warm engine with choke pulled out and I'm still getting back fire sometimes. Any suggestions? I'm doing everything the owner manual says to do.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Senior Member
New exmark radius backfiring when starting up after motor is warmed up. Its the exmark branded engine. Any one with similar issues? Trying to figure out if this common issue or am I doing something wrong. Im pretty new to zero turns. Below is a link to a youtube video of the issue.

Thanks

**Update been making sure to not start warm engine with choke pulled out and I'm still getting back fire sometimes. Any suggestions? I'm doing everything the owner manual says to do.
Sounds like it's time to contact your dealer. Could be as simple as a carburator adjustment.