• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

New F350 with payload package looks pretty good

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Between the new 7.3 for better power from a gas engine, and the payload plus package at 14000 gvw, a new F350 dump is looking like a pretty practical and capable option. would probably be good for a little under 6000 payload or a little over 6000 with an aluminum dump. That’s compared to the typical 9000 payload for a F550 diesel, which is a lot more truck. The gap isn’t so huge now. When the payload difference was double, it was a no brainer.

OP
4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Let us know how it is. My hesitation with the gasser 550’s is 2 things. I’m in the hills and it’s a real workout for a gas engine in a big truck, and the 19.5s are a pretty big drawback for snow plowing. But the 550 is also now available with the extra payload package as well, which includes the short cab to axle, for the full 19,500 Gvw, instead of 18,750 that I believe was the max before, unless you went with a longer length. If you paired that setup with a gas engine and aluminum dump bed, you may be approaching 11,000 payload capacity!

Last edited:

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
I was told it’ll have the performance of the 7.3 powerstoke from back in the glory days which will be good enough for our uses. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how it does. It’s going to our hort division so it’ll have an easier life then that of a construction truck

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
Is the 7.3 a gas or diesel??

Valk

LawnSite Gold Member
The new 7.3 is gas.

CGros31

LawnSite Bronze Member
I test drove an F-250 with the Tremor package and 7.3 gas engine. I was quite impressed. It will be a hit with heavy duty trucks.