NEW Ferris--37hp vanguard oil-gaurd " RIGHT WAY" to change Oil!!

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
Charles, to add a bit of confusion, many say all new engines should be broken in with conventional oil, and switched to synthetic afterward. New cars come with synthetic oil in their engines, so it's one of those controversial topics.

OP
M

maxxx77

LawnSite Member
Yep got that right--oil topic can go on for ever--All I wanted to do is show people there is ALOT crap in a NEW engine or Trans that should be got out,,,

OP
M

maxxx77

LawnSite Member
Thanks--those engine filters were about what I,d expect?--But someplace I read where Briggs is suppose to run these and break them in and drain oil??? I dont think they do??
Those hydro filters REALLY surprised me cause not just some metal BUT alot of other stuff I dont even know what it is???

Brucey

LawnSite Silver Member
Thanks--those engine filters were about what I,d expect?--But someplace I read where Briggs is suppose to run these and break them in and drain oil??? I dont think they do??
Those hydro filters REALLY surprised me cause not just some metal BUT alot of other stuff I dont even know what it is???
Looks like something you'd find on ice cream like sprinkles, and then the big chunk? Contamination during assembly or in the hoses? I'd do another change at say 100 hours and see if any more disturbing debris appears.

Top Forums