New floor and paint

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by woodlawnservice, Jan 15, 2018.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Bronze Member

Been quite a few yrs since i had to tear any trailers down but after enough "patching", this yr was time to tear out some floors and all new paint and decals on all our trailers.. this one is just a 16' landscaping trailer we put a new floor.in, modified the racks, and fabricated a stand to mount the skid sprayer on to make it sit higher up in the trailer..

20180114_142346.jpg

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That looks good I plan to do exact same to mine. Did you paint with brush. I plan to use solid metal on sides instead of stretch metal so I can haul dirt gravel etc,if necessary.

3. woodlawnservice

spray gun

JLSLLC likes this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice, and efficient!!

woodlawnservice likes this.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have zero experience with spay gun....what kind did you use?

Screenshot (116).png

woodlawnservice likes this.
  6. woodlawnservice

thats it... hvlp gravity fed... i painted for several yrs and for just a trailer job.. any cheap gun will work

7. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Senior Member

I use the purple hvlp from harbor freight. They have coupons all the time for 7.99

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Any comment on this turbine spray set up? Seems like the advantage with turbine is less paint going up into air? If I guessed this unit might clog more may be a problem?

Screenshot (118).png

I mainly paint small stuff usually use spray can or hand paint. Is compressed air with one the HVLP gravity fed spray guns good enough? Forget the turbine?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  9. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Senior Member

Yes! Hvlp gravity feed is better than a siphon feed gun. The cheap harbor freight one is every bit as good as the ones from Home Depot. I have used one for 3 trailers and about to spray the side boards on my trailer next week. You have to thin a thick paint like rustolium but works great for trailers and small projects

ed2hess likes this.
  10. CuttingEdgeLawnSolutions

CuttingEdgeLawnSolutions LawnSite Member

Looks great brother!