New from VOLT - Pro Micro-Junction Hub Connector

Discussion in 'VOLT Lighting (Archived)' started by steveparrott, May 25, 2016.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott LawnSite Bronze Member

Friends,

Here's another innovation from VOLT - The Pro Micro-Junction™ Direct Burial Hub Connector.

We all know about large hub-type connectors (including VOLT's new Pro Junction Hub). And we know about connectors that allow you to stuff multiple wires into a butt crimp or wire nut. But we've never seen anything like the Pro Micro-Junction!

The above video tells the story. This is a compact unit with a bank of mechanical clamps - one clamp per wire. You can insert up to 5 wires into the connector (up to 12 AWG) - each one securely clamped in place. This is an extremely aggressive connection.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After inserting the wires, uncap the silicone compartment and close the connector. Silicone grease fills the space around the wires and makes for a waterproof container.

Why would you use this connector? This is useful for making hub connections that don't need to be accessible, or that must be buried, or when the budget is very tight. Otherwise, use the larger, more accessible, Pro Junction Hub.

VOLT Pro Micro-Junction Direct Burial Connector web page

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

I like this smaller unit's concept better than the large one (though I've never tried it) I watched the video on the large unit and it seems to make me think of a fire any hotel. They're pretty bad about climbing into junction boxes around here and yours looks like a 4 star hotel compared to some I've seen.

3. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

Thanks, glad you like the new connectors.

Not sure I understand your hotel analogy, but to be clear, the larger Pro Junction Hub is also a compact easy-to-use, secure connector. It's main advantage is that, after installation, you can access the connectors and add or remove wires as needed.

See the video.

4. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

Ok, I just got it! A fire ant hotel! Good one.

There are rubber plugs in the junction's wire openings, so they should stop the fiery little buggers.

BrandonV likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

Just to clarify what's behind both our Pro Junction Hub Connectors - we took highly respected industrial-quality terminal blocks and configured them for landscape lighting use.

These are incredibly strong clamping connections - with all your strength, you can't pull wires out of them.