1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Gehl Track loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cat_246B, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Cat_246B

Cat_246B LawnSite Member

I was looking at used skid steers and track loaders when I came across this. I have ran a gehl skid steer before and thought it was a pretty good machine. So I was wondering if anybody has tried one out and was wondering what your thoughts are about them.:usflag:

Gehl.jpg

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Dang have not seen or heard about it but that looks nice, I like that. I have a call to make tomorrow to get a demo. Its even 2 speed.

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Has a bunch of great features. There was a post about them here several months ago.

4. Cat_246B

Cat_246B LawnSite Member

Yea it does have a lot of great features. It has the 2 speed, high flow, full cab with radio, counter weight, air ride seat, high-flow hydraglide, and self-leveling. It's priced at $66,830 new.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The most interesting feature I think, is the tracks auto tension themselves when you start it and they release tension when you shut it off. As long as it works that sounds pretty cool.

Gehl's fit and finish I always thought was poor. Hopefully they have addessed that.

6. Cat_246B

Cat_246B LawnSite Member

Just looked at the specs. It lifts 2100 lbs at 35%, 3000 lbs at 50%, weights about 9890 lbs, the bucket breakout ( tilt cylinder) is about 5492 lbs, and about 5398 lbs ( lift cylinder). To me the breakout numbers seemed low, but i'm not an expert on this by any means.:laugh:. I wish the greenhouses I work for would get a track machine like this.:laugh:

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

the 5x5 drive control is pretty cool where you can set the delay for the controls and adjust travel speed but leave the machine at full rpms for doing trenching or snow blowing.

They have defintely come a long way in the past couple years.

8. Cat_246B

Cat_246B LawnSite Member

Here is a front view of a different machine but same model. (The guy in the picture isn't me)

gehl2.jpg

9. Cat_246B

Cat_246B LawnSite Member

Neuswede did you call the dealer today? If you demo one, could you tell us what you liked and disliked about it.

10. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member