New Grasshopper

uzupan

LawnSite Member
Hello everyone, it’s been about 3 1/2 years since I posted here. I left the Rio Grande valley in South Texas and sold my John Deere 915, and I moved to Rocky Mount North Carolina in 2018 and I did not have a need for a mower until now with the purchase of another home on an acre of land. Today I purchased a grasshopper 226 g4 Andes I use it on some tall weeds and brush in my yard for the house and it ran awesome. Tomorrow will be the telltale sign. The Church that I Pastor owns 15 acres of land and the man that was cutting died and so the weeds on it are about knee-high. The mower and I are going to have a heavy duty job to do. I was going to go with John Deere again but the local John Deere dealership who has several stores does not have any new Deeres and the only used ones that they had were very high hours. No Scagg dealers in the area, went to the gravely/hustler dealer but they did not seem too interested in talking with me and answering questions. So grasshopper is what I bought. The mower has the Briggs & Stratton vanguard 26 and the 4400 Hydro gears. I will give you some feedback after I cut as much as I can tomorrow.
E55C9E4C-1308-4D32-B980-BB6DDAF75639.jpeg

OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
I forgot to mention it has the 61 inch cutting deck, and I paid 7700 before tax with 4 years no interest financing. According to grasshoppers website the more MSRP is 9700+

tundraman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Great deal and should serve you well. Thanks for your ministry, what denomination if I may ask.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Hello everyone, it’s been about 3 1/2 years since I posted here. I left the Rio Grande valley in South Texas and sold my John Deere 915, and I moved to Rocky Mount North Carolina in 2018 and I did not have a need for a mower until now with the purchase of another home on an acre of land. Today I purchased a grasshopper 226 g4 Andes I use it on some tall weeds and brush in my yard for the house and it ran awesome. Tomorrow will be the telltale sign. The Church that I Pastor owns 15 acres of land and the man that was cutting died and so the weeds on it are about knee-high. The mower and I are going to have a heavy duty job to do. I was going to go with John Deere again but the local John Deere dealership who has several stores does not have any new Deeres and the only used ones that they had were very high hours. No Scagg dealers in the area, went to the gravely/hustler dealer but they did not seem too interested in talking with me and answering questions. So grasshopper is what I bought. The mower has the Briggs & Stratton vanguard 26 and the 4400 Hydro gears. I will give you some feedback after I cut as much as I can tomorrow.View attachment 460926
I remember you. Welcome back! I think you made a good buy with that machine. I'd be quite interested in a GH if there was a dealer near me. The closest one is 45 minutes or so away from me.

OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
I remember you. Welcome back! I think you made a good buy with that machine. I'd be quite interested in a GH if there was a dealer near me. The closest one is 45 minutes or so away from me.
It has been a while. I have checked in off and on reading but no posting until now.

Top Forums