New Grasshopper

OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
Good evening everyone:
I was not able to post last week as I initially stated in my original post due to unforeseen circumstances, but I took my Grasshopper out to the acreage today. Let me start off by saying I really need a bush hog out there as you can see from some of the pictures. Overall, the Grasshopper did as well as a bush hog but I was traveling very slow about a 1/2 mph. In the 1/2 hours that I cut I think I used about 2 gallons of gasoline. May be a little bit less. The Briggs & Stratton 26 hp vanguard had plenty of power there was only a couple of spots that my motor begin to bog down. My deck was set on 4-1/2 inches. I will be out there all day tomorrow working on this acreage with my Grasshopper. Attached are a few pictures to show you what I am Attempting to cut. It was very relaxing cutting. I don’t think my John Deere with my 7-iron deck that I had would’ve done any better than this. I know this Briggs motor is a lot more powerful than the Kawasaki that I had on my John Deere.
97F7870A-B7F3-4E51-B63E-201EACA99C80.jpeg

Attachments

• 3ED39865-E1FB-4DE3-88B7-C80EAC9EBA96.jpeg
    3ED39865-E1FB-4DE3-88B7-C80EAC9EBA96.jpeg
    877.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 195E826E-1623-4942-82C3-1174D943B3C1.jpeg
    195E826E-1623-4942-82C3-1174D943B3C1.jpeg
    683.3 KB · Views: 38
OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
Yes sir thanks for the reminder! So far there was no burnish, smoke or slippage at all. I will take off my deflector shield in the morning. Also, under the deck was clean. I was worried about build up because we had a downpour this early afternoon and a lot of those stalks and weeds had moisture in them.

Z400ACDC

LawnSite Member
I bought a Grasshopper 329 Big Block in July! I gave 10,500! That seemed to be the going price if you could even find one in my area. That Briggs vanguard has a lot more power than my old Kohler. We will have to see if it is as reliable!

OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
I bought a Grasshopper 329 Big Block in July! I gave 10,500! That seemed to be the going price if you could even find one in my area. That Briggs vanguard has a lot more power than my old Kohler. We will have to see if it is as reliable!
I am very impressed with the power of my Vanguard 26hp. Also, I failed to mention, the hyros are very smooth. IMO, these hydros are better than what I had on my Gravely Pro Turn 160, Scag Cub Cat, and John Deere 915. The seat is also very comfortable and it is the oem seat that comes with that mower. I am also getting about 1 hour per gallon of gas. Considering I am moving at a snails pace because of how thick an tall the weeds are I am more than satisfied at this point.

tundraman

LawnSite Bronze Member
I looked at the grasshoppers at the GIE and it looks like they make some nice mowers. You got a great deal. I was cutting my property a few months ago with grass that tall and my 39 hp efi Kawasaki would stall. Now that it has returned back to lawn grass I can fly through it and it looks great. Blessings on your ministry.

OP
U

uzupan

LawnSite Member
I looked at the grasshoppers at the GIE and it looks like they make some nice mowers. You got a great deal. I was cutting my property a few months ago with grass that tall and my 39 hp efi Kawasaki would stall. Now that it has returned back to lawn grass I can fly through it and it looks great. Blessings on your ministry.
Thank you!!

Top Forums