1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely 252z or used Turf tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkdude, Sep 5, 2005.

1. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

I have an oppurtunity to buy a used 52" turf tiger w/ 23hp lc with 200 hours for $6,000 or a brand new Gravely 252z 26hp lc for $6500. Which is the better value?

2. niceguy

niceguy LawnSite Member

Spend the extra $500 just for the fact you will have a two year waranty. I dont care how well built or how well maintained, things do break. I have two 252's and Gravely is very good w/ honoring waranty work. In the two years under waranty, you will save money.

3. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

go with the gravely, nothing wrong with either machine but a warranty means everything!! niceguys right, you will break down in two years with out a dought!!! i run jds, but if i had to choose between these two brand new, still the gravely!!!

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Am I reading this correctly? A 252Z with a 26 horse liquid cooled engine for $6,500? I'd say this was a heck of a deal. I paid $6,850 for a 250Z with a 23 horse air-cooled engine two and a half years ago, and I thought that was a pretty good deal.