Lawn Care Forum banner
141 - 160 of 369 Posts
Discussion starter · #142 ·
Anyone have any idea on the fuel efficiency of that Kohler? Gas is getting expensive around here (~$4.00/gallon) and it may interesting to look at if the savings are what they say they are...
I have heard up to 30% savings but I have no personal experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJDLLC said:
Anyone have any idea on the fuel efficiency of that Kohler? Gas is getting expensive around here (~$4.00/gallon) and it may interesting to look at if the savings are what they say they are...
I've heard the 30% rate that GMLC posted many times too. However, I am wondering if that is actual or not as well, because I know the manu's like to use that number for comparison, so maybe that's where it got its start with no foundation in reality.

One thing to remember is that the Kohler is over rated on HP still, meaning it is still being rated by the old system and is not true HP like the Kawi is. It will be actually closer to 20.5- 21.5 HP when rated using the newer and accurate system. That means that it may struggle a little harder to keep up in thick and/or lush conditions, which will negate any advantage it should have in fuel savings.

Thanks again GMLC for another great review. I got to see the new stander this week but unfortunately didn't get to drive it. There was an ag expo near where I live and I got to see the new model up close. It is impressive. The design is heads and tails above the old stander. I definitely want to add one to my lineup in the future. The rep told me just to let him know when i was ready to demo. I really like the flip up platform and deck lift pedal too. the only thing that bothers me is lack of traction in walk behind mode but I suspect with the way it's setup there are a lot of hills you can ride and hold by leaning. much more than a sit down ztr i would think.

GMLC -- Very good thread and nice review for the new Pro-Stance !!

Not yet but I do plan on trying it about a month or so

I'm sure they will be in contact with you lol

Question of the day... Can it handle a 300-lb rider? Teasing...
Posted via Mobile Device
I demoed one for a day back in November and it handled my 400lbs very well, I was pretty impressed with the machine but being 6'5' my back was hurting after use, the controls were to low for someone my size, i had to slightly bend forward to use controls comfortably.

Wow, great review. Impressive machine!

Being solo I'm thinking I wouldn't qualify for any type of a fleet discount, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

Curious if Gravely has a seasonal discount schedule similar to Wright's...making a December purchase the way to optimize any factory discounting.

Discussion starter · #157 ·

Being solo I'm thinking I wouldn't qualify for any type of a fleet discount, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

Curious if Gravely has a seasonal discount schedule similar to Wright's...making a December purchase the way to optimize any factory discounting.
Thanks! When I bought my Gravely 452 I had to spend over $12,000 to qualify for fleet pricing so I bought a bagging system with it. Im not aware of any seasonal discounts by Gravely but Im not 100% sure.

Check with your dealer. My local Gravely dealer has fleet pricing for anyone in the business the day of their openhouse. No need to buy anything extra to qualify either. Just buy a machine and get the discount that day only.

I went to a dealer last week and you had to spend 10,000 to get the deals. but they had a good deal on just one too. cant decide if i am going to get one or not. 6800 vs 7400 for one. listed at 8600 or something like that. when you have to spend more money that never felt like saving to me, but im cheap.

Well I just bought a 61FL 994114 Machine :dancing:

Having Gravely units before and given what everyone has had to say here, there was no question. Toro and Deere dealers are way way closer but blah.
Kudo's also to Gravely's customer service and listening...good to see a company on the ball.
Thanks GMLC also for your review opinions and thoughts

Looking forward to what this Machine can do

:canadaflag:

141 - 160 of 369 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.