New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 22, 2007.

1. DSmits1984

DSmits1984 LawnSite Member

Welcome Diego! Best advice I can give you to not lowball, is to survey the lawn for what it is every time you look at one. Trees, flowers, shrubs, hills, amount of trimming etc...take into account what each property has! I never go below $30 no matter how small a lawn is, if that's too much for someone, politely remind them they will get what they pay for or just say, ok thank you anyways, and move on.

I do give a few different discounts, a military discount, also a regional discount if the property is close enough for me to drive my mower there alone, a few houses down or something, I offer just a tad bit cheaper than normal.

Get some shirts and business cards for sure.

As far as mulching I always charge by the yard. Weeding, and other things I do by the hour by employee.

I also use three great apps on my iPhone, one called "invoice" to send quotes and invoices, one called Venmo which allows me to accept debit and credit, and one called mile bug to keep track of mileage for tax season.

Hope this helps.

2. DiegoA

DiegoA LawnSite Member

Thank you for your advice!

can you give me an idea of per man hr cost in our area? and how much is the yard of mulch going for in our area? (to the customer)

Thank you!

3. DSmits1984

DSmits1984 LawnSite Member

I'm from Keene, but good quality bark mulch usually ranges from $32-$39 here, I think delivery is usually $25 but I pick mine up so not sure. For mulching I do $90 per yard to take care of hourly charges and cost of mulch itself.

I usually charge $35/HR per employee if doing weeding, pruning, leaf removal etc....

4. Adeas Printing

Adeas Printing Sponsor

Hey there –If you want a door hanger that will stay securely on the door instead of flying off into the yard, check out our Band-It Door Hangers. They’re very popular with our Lawnsite members and also offer more design space because you don’t have the big cut out at the top.
    $99 - 1,000 FULL COLOR - FULL SIZE Band-It Door Hangers
    Check out more pricing options http://www.adeasprinting.com/door-hangers/
    Learn more about our door hangers http://www.adeasprinting.com/door-hanger-distribution-styles.html

I am happy to talk to you by phone or email –Glenda Smith – Adeas Printing – (866)778-4254 ext 212 ~ glenda@adeasprinting.com – Proudly with Adeas for 8 years