1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Hustler Diesel?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Greg125, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Greg125

Greg125 LawnSite Member
    from uk

Hey , im currently thinking of buying either a Hustler diesel or kubota zd28, but the Hustler diesel has gone off the website and i was wondering if there was a new one coming out. The reason i ask is because i do alot of mowing around houses and built up areas and the noise is an issue, the cat engine was noisier than i really hoped for. If hustler bring a new model out with a Kubota engine thats quieter i would buy it, its like the perfect mower, a really strong frame and a really quiet ,efficient engine.!

Could you please say if there is a new one coming out with a new engine and maybe give a few specs on it, (even if its unofficial):laugh:

Thanks
    Greg (from the U.K)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I cant say what is in the works, sorry.

Pj

3. Greg125

Greg125 LawnSite Member
    from uk

not even a rough time that the diesel will be back?:)

Greg

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They don't even tell me these things anymore, so no I don't have any time frames at all.
    Sorry.

Pj

5. Greg125

Greg125 LawnSite Member
    from uk

okydoky no worries , thanks for replying anyway

Greg

6. KUBOTADAN

KUBOTADAN LawnSite Member

The Hustler is loud. I have a Kubota ZD-21 not near as loud... My Hustler hasn't been anything but trouble. Only 79 hours and 4 major problems.
    Hyd pump, muffler cracked, hyd hoses leaking, out of time, bad injector pump.

But, Hustler is picking it up and I will have a new Super Z with a 30hp gas.

I have a friend who has a diesel, bought it the same day, not a mins problem.

I think Hustler put out a good product, i just happened to get a lemon.

7. Greg125

Greg125 LawnSite Member
    from uk

I didnt go for the Hustler in the end , i went for a JD 997, , i was going to look at kubota aswell but the dealer never called me back, so john deere it was , its a nice robust refined machine.

Thanks
    Greg