New Innovative Backpack Blower - TwindStorm Dooly

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

How much CFM does each tube put out with the nozzle removed, and what is the diameter of each tube?

2. TwinDooly

TwinDooly LawnSite Member

the Dooly is com probable to having two Br4oo backpack blowers with 3"tube to 2 1/2"nozzle end; 480/485cfm out both discharge tubes simultaneously combined 960/970 cfm. Synergy at a new level for us Lawn People:usflag:

3. TwinDooly

Currently the Dooly Prototype weighs in at 30lbs.With a Manufacturers expertise I am shooting for 26-28lbs. :cool2:

4. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

wow thats 28% heavier then my BR600.

5. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

very good, T
    on the leaf cleanup - we do need more power - more volume to move
    in year-round maintenance accounts leaf removal on average takes tree times longer than grass cut - in mind of any professional - "dem, this place takes ridiculously long, i should be out of here by now...!"
    we must increase productivity - reduce man hours, your tool - good

though it not make job of two man - it is not correct - they would work on wider angles (though it takes teamwork/experience) - but it is more than twice more powerful (volume) blower - two directions of volume (and you not depend of experience of other guy)

about weight distribution /comfort - did you tried one on the front -on on the back? : ))))

another thing: add a little plastic tube (acessory) which would easy switch two side tubes to one side together (or possibility to turn(twist) blower case, etc) - and you have two-barrel convectional and habitual, known, familiar and appealing to all twice more powerful blower - 4 skeptics and who might not comfortable with two hands...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. lawnjocky

lawnjocky LawnSite Member

We use hand blowers must of the time with backpacks for fall cleanup or big jobs. My opinions are based on how my company uses blowers. With that said here are my thought's.

It's very seldom for us to need two guy's blowing at once. The main time is around bushes when we are fighting the wind.

It looks bulky with that extra tube. For open areas that's fine but in bushes, landscaping, etc.. I could see it being a pain.

How easy is it to store when transporting or not in use. That extra tube could get in the way.

Extra cost and weight for a limited savings in time. For 95% of our blower usage it takes 2-5 minutes so the need is not there or justifiable.

The control of the air looked great but from your video's it looked like a calm day. The wind makes all the difference when blowing.

It looks like a good idea for some people but not for me. Even so it's interesting enough that I would try it just to confirm or deny my first impressions.

7. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

to have critique - it's allways great

"We use hand blowers must of the time with backpacks for fall cleanup or big jobs." -same here

"For 95% of our blower usage it takes 2-5 minutes so the need is not there or justifiable." - our usage on cleanup - from 15-20 min to hours - can be whole day job

"It's very seldom for us to need two guy's blowing at once" - same here - but because other guys have something else to do(run) on leaf cleanup
    backpack blower - does most the work, takes most the time and effort consuming - work progress depends on it -there no replacement for backpack
    second blower helps a lot to take leaves out of corners, tight spots, or push wall of leaves in dig bads

"How easy is it to store when transporting or not in use. That extra tube could get in the way." - same thing as regular on the rek; may be bungee 4 tubes, or i would just trow it on the back on the truck and forgot about it

8. Ideal Lawn

Ideal Lawn LawnSite Member

I would really like to try this BP blower for my company.I really have not found a blower I like. I think this design would be perfect for me.

9. TwinDooly

Dooly Designed 4 Profit.
    With the Dooly you have The Money saved in Cutting your Labor in Half and Reducing blow time atleast by 25% and only have the Cost of one Unit. :clapping:
    I Look forward to having the Dooly Manufactured and offering these benefits and much more to our Industry.:usflag:

10. ryansbob

ryansbob LawnSite Member

When you say it that way I don't like that it sounds like good hard workers will be loosing jobs because of your invention, With the cost of this unit I could see a big problem if it breaks down as it would be very costly to have multiple units sitting around as a backup for when this goes down. For me our blowers last 5-7yrs and then get sold off as good machines to a home owner for a 1/4 of what we originally paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.