New Intro - Opinions?

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi everyone, it's your friend Ed from turfquip...

I'm playing with Flash 5 again this morning, making <U>Industry Specific</U> motion graphics. What is your opinion of this work please. I'll place a link just below.

Choose from the following superlatives:

sucks
big deal
o.k.
kinda neat
didn't work
cutting edge

<A HREF="http://www.turfquip.com/movie32.html">here's the click</A>

[Edited by turfquip dot com on 10-11-2000 at 02:17 PM]

Scraper

LawnSite Bronze Member
Takes so long to load and I'm on a T1 line, but kinda neat anyways.

Wouldn't you want people to just hop right into your site as opposed to them waiting to load?

OP
turfquip

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member

Scraper,

The graphic is made to look like it's taking a long time - the .swf file the page derives from is only 40K. It's a little deceptive...I have a twisted sense of humor sometimes. Goes to show you too, that just because you read it on the net doesn't mean it's true!

You received that file on the T-1 in probably a tenth of a second.

OP
turfquip

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not too worried about third world types. I think it's more the content that was bothersome with the file I showed you more than the format of the file. Agree?

You're concerned I have the power to slow your asses down a few nanoseconds but I was faking it. You believed it. But did I leave an impression during the process?

OP
turfquip

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member

How long did it take..seriously? If you hit your back button from turfquip does it run instantly or is there a border on a black blank screen?

Do you see a border or the words "ASSEMBLYING WEB PAGE"

This is a crucial question..please let me know.

Ed

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
If I came across that page from a link I wouldnt (and didnt) wait for it to load, parlor trick or not. K.I.S.S.

Scraper

LawnSite Bronze Member
I see "Assembling Page" no border and something about installing audio. About 10 seconds on T1. I usually wait no more than 5. If I hit back once it directs me to turfquip I go back to the wait.