• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

New Jobs

CutsForLess

LawnSite Member
Well Im not really what you would call commercial but the other day I got my first commercial account and think I did pretty good, just looking for some feed back on the pricing. It is a private park in a subdivision, the park is 3 acres and I have to do 2 empty lots, I got the job for $450 every 10 days plus I charge $200 extra when I plant new flowers in the gate entry flower bed and touch up the mulch, this is labor only. Anyway the mowing trimming only takes me about 5 hours. So how did I do?

Liquidfast

LawnSite Senior Member
$90 an hour....how do YOU think you did? Don't forget to deduct gas, insurance, depreciation, etc etc and blah blah blah. So now you are paying them $3 to cut their lawn.... just kidding of course.

TriPLandscaping

LawnSite Member
What kind of mower do you have?

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
remember that this job very well can and will lead to others.

people will see you and your work......

"lets get that guy he cuts the park, I mean he must be good"

you done well grasshopper

David C.

LawnSite Member
Well Im not really what you would call commercial but the other day I got my first commercial account and think I did pretty good, just looking for some feed back on the pricing. It is a private park in a subdivision, the park is 3 acres and I have to do 2 empty lots, I got the job for $450 every 10 days plus I charge $200 extra when I plant new flowers in the gate entry flower bed and touch up the mulch, this is labor only. Anyway the mowing trimming only takes me about 5 hours. So how did I do?
Let's seeeeeeeeee!!!!

5 goes into 450 how many times??? 90??? Not bad "doughnuts"

Or look at it another way

3 goes into 450 how many times??? 150?? Somethin' like that???

But of course---you live in Texas----lots of "Big Oil" money people!!!

Not bad!!

Not bad!!!

OP
C

CutsForLess

LawnSite Member
Well there is a lot of trimming due to some wet spots so it might not take that long when the rain slows down, as for the mower type I have a Dixie Chopper, Echo blower, edger and trimmers, and a 16' enclosed WW trailer.