Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.
Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by WillieWonka1850, Jun 4, 2009.
Skidsteerman, where are you from? Just seen the Erb sticker and am now wondering.
This is correct. However, it would not completely limit the ability to open and close the door, it would only decrease the height to which the booms can be lifted without interfering with the door. With the number of complaints Deere has had about the door in the 10 (!!!!!!!!!) years since its introduction, I'd think they would have been willing to compromise a bit to make ingress/egress easier for the 90% of potential customers who b**** about it. The problem is that rather than offering a solution for the problem, Deere tells you why their way is the best (essentially that your customer is wrong - great way to sell equipment). It may or may not actually be the best, but if you can't convince any one else that you're right over the course of ten years, you've spent a lot of time and resources to make 10% of the population extremely happy and the other 90% think you're full of s*** when a simpler solution would be to drop the bottom of the door a couple inches and convince the customer that they should be glad they're able to open the door at all.
Nice Deere CTL! I've always liked the looks of Deere CTL. I see you got to Joystick controls, are the Joysticks Caterpillar Style (Left-Drive Right-Loader) or they Case Style (Left-Drive and Loader Lift, Right Drive and Bucket Tilt)? Is there an option to get Case or Cat style on the Joysticks if not standard? I'm a Case control person.
ISO (Cat) controls are presently the only option for Deere joysticks. Rumor has it that the D series will have selectable joysticks with both ISO and H-pattern (Case) controls.
I see this is an infected type of sore subject for you too huh?
So, yes this is and has been a problem and gets very aggravating thinking no one hears you at Deere about these things. I was disappointed when the 300 series was introduced in 2005 and no changes were made to the cab. I'm sure you know already that nothing happens faster then a snail pace at Deere.
Things are changing and I feel they will pick up pace in the near future. The new cab coming out will definitely impress you and the nay Sayer's as well. I think if you are 7' tall you'll be able to feel comfortable climbing in and out of the new design.
In the mean time we offer the SIMS cab door as a great solution getting beyond the front door issue.
I have no doubt that the new ones will be great - I too have seen the pictures, probably from the same source. I still think it's an indictment of Deere that one of their best CWP dealers has to turn to an aftermarket door manufacturer to provide a solution to a very, very common problem. That being said, I believe (and this is coming from a former diehard Bobcat fan) that Deere offers the best products on the market in spite of their flaws.
On a separate note, I believe you and I met down at WinterFest. Were you the guy from St. Louis who was hanging out at the hotel bar with Dean and the guys from RDO? If so, I was one of the Iowa guys you talked with. Small world.
Sorry no, That would have been a couple of other fellows I work with (One being my new sales manager - former Bobcat dealership employee) I was... well... at a lady friend house in Rock Island having my own kind of fun.
BTW: I nick named "Winterfest" Winterblow - I'm sure you can put 2+2 together for that one. Funny thing is, they actually were considering renaming it Winterblow up until I told them why I call it that.
Hahaha, nice. I met your new boss. Once he and the RDO boys got a few drinks in them it turned into a real d***-measuring contest so I said "see ya later" and went to bed. Glad I left when I did, those boys looked like they were going through hell sitting through all the PowerPoints the next day. I'm too old (24) to stay out too late, and the wife wouldn't approve of me having any lady friends, so I usually take it easy at those kinds of functions.
Too old 24 I'm just about (shy about six months) twice your pup age. What are you gonna be like when you hit your thirties?
Are you sure about that being 2" taller?
I added the cab kit (built for a 300 series) to my 250 OROPS and everything fit up at the knee plate.