1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New John Deere X700 series

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by cdsang, Jan 30, 2006.

1. cdsang

cdsang LawnSite Member

I just saw the new X700 series on the John Deere web site. To me it seems basicly the same as the X400 and X500 with cheaper prices and a small physical changes. I think they sit alittle higher from what the specs say and seem to have a new deck they call the Edge Xtra. I have broadband and the 56K people may or may not be able to see it yet. I noticed one day some websites use different servers for different speeds and some may see stuff sooner then others. I may talk to my dealer soon about them. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

CD

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I wonder if they'll put the leftover '05's on clearance about June? I'd jump on one then if it could be worked out. Of course, they'll have a long ways to go to compete with my 1977 JD 300....:p

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding the new X700 series, I really don't see many changes from the X400 and X500 series that would convince someone to buy one over the other:confused: what am I missing?

4. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lower priced this year, starting at $8750 instead of $9200.....other than that, the 700's are just renumbered X400's and 500's.